Thursday, April 13, 2017

Gardening time! and some quilting....

Look at this beautiful raised bed the Hubster built. I have been asking for ones like this for forever in the garden. No bending over and hopefully less weeds! This one is not in the garden though....its in the front yard and is for herbs. I started planting it but need to either get some more plants or some seeds. I can't wait for fresh Basil and Thyme, and Cilantro and Parsley! Oh my. I love gardening almost as much as I love quilting. At least till it gets to be 100 degrees lol, then I want to sit inside in the AC and quilt.



The crib bumpers for my niece got finished. A good thing since she is doing her best to have her baby early. He's not due until May 11th but she's been in to the L&D unit three times now with contractions. They were nowhere near as hard to make as I thought they would be so I don't know why I put them off so long.


And last but not least the Quilting Chicks are having a sew day today! I'm going to start on this quilt. I got the idea from a picture of the tulip fields in Holland. I actually woke up in the middle of the night thinking about making this into a quilt. So here goes my attempt at turning an idea in my head into a quilt. I will post how it's going!

No comments:

Post a Comment