Thursday, April 5, 2018

A bittersweet Memory

A friend's post today reminded me of this. I can't remember the name of this plant. It's long though. The last time my Grannie was here it was in full bloom and every time she looked out the window and saw it she called me to come look at it and ask me its name. Alzheimers had taken its toll by then and she didn't remember that she had just asked me 5 minutes before. Oh how she loved flowers and she had the greenest thumb I've ever seen and could grow anything. She's been gone 8 years now and I still miss her. There are days I would love nothing more than to be able to pick the phone up and call her. Raising teens and adult children though also make me feel bad because I see in them myself and I am ashamed at how I acted with her. But she loved me regardless and prayed for me constantly and for that I am truly grateful. So Grannie just know that I love you still and am thankful for your patience and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment