Saturday, May 5, 2018

There hasn't been much quilting going on...

because FINALLY we have some spring weather and I've been outside! It only took till May! Oh my goodness how good it feels.

So on the homefront we are finally moving forward on some projects. The new hvac unit is installed and running. I am going to enjoy the quietness of the AC and not having window units. I still plan on using the woodstove in the winter but backup heat will be nice. This thing is huge though!


We finally got the aquarium sealed and running. Next up is plants. Let's just say that while the seals are holding and strong I don't think I will ever be good at caulking. The tape came off as soon as got it caulked.
The ducks also got a new pen. After I had to crawl halfway behind the fence and dig eggs out of a bed of poison oak I decided the girls can no longer free roam the yard. Of all the places they had to lay, they had to choose poison oak!  They seem happy (except for me stealing their eggs daily) and are enjoying more space than the small pen I had to put them in at first.
And I'm working on my flower beds. I've decided that this year is going to be the year I again enjoy flowers! For so long the thought of selling this place and moving to the country has dominated our thoughts and finally I accept that its not going to happen. So I'm going to be happy where I am and its going to be pretty. I'm working on small spots and this will not be a fast process but at least its progress.
 This pic is rosebush I was given while sitting in traffic one day. Scared the daylights out of me when someone came up to my car but I appreciate it. I can see it out of my sewing room window. I've added a few more plants and hopefully later this summer this will be a pretty spot to look at.
And that's about it for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment