Thursday, August 30, 2018

So much for keeping up with this blog!

Life gets busy and this is the farthest thing from my mind. It has been a great summer though. School starts back next week for the boys so I will be inside more and maybe will post more often...or maybe not!

Most of my time has been spent in therapy this summer. Aqua therapy and Vitamin D therapy. It all happened right here.
Everyone worked so hard putting this amazing pool up this year. I am thrilled with it. See that beautiful clear water? It still looks that amazing! In years past I have struggled mightily with keeping the water clear. This pool has a sand filter instead of a cartridge and I love it! I have been in the pool every chance I could and I am dreading the thought of closing it for the winter.

I've also played with plants a lot this year. I didn't garden. I just did not have the heart or the energy for it. Here are a few of the plants I've been busy with. There's also a rock bed I created with help from my youngest son and a hosta bed.
I've also spent a good bit of time in urgent care with our youngest this summer. It has been the year for him to get stitches. I am threatening to wrap him in bubble wrap! First he hit his head with the tamper that they were using to pack the dirt for the pool and ended up with four stitches above his eyebrow. Then later this summer he went to a picnic for his tkd school and cut his knee open on bolts that were sticking out under the picnic table.
I'm not going to post pics of those.

To finish off the summer we went on vacation. It was a well deserved one for dh. He has been on crazy, long hours for too long. I treasure these pictures as we were able to get everyone together for a short time. It doesn't happen often anymore with everyone grown and having their own lives.



No comments:

Post a Comment